Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Subway gal beats up three muggers.

From the NY Post:

A feisty Harlem woman turned the tables on three subway muggers, chasing down two of the thugs while snatching back her purse - because it had her green card in it, cops said yesterday.

Marie Conde, 26, was riding a downtown 3 train at 5:30 a.m. Sunday and had briefly dozed off when three punks confronted her as it pulled into the 72nd Street station.

"I opened my eyes, and one of them punched me in the right eye," the French-speaking Guinean immigrant told The Post through an interpreter.

"I just started screaming really loud. And then one of them grabbed my purse and they ran out.

"I didn't know what to do, so I just started running after them. I grabbed one of them by the arm."

As she held on for dear life and struggled with the thieves, she yelled over to two people to call cops.

As she continued to grab at the muggers, they decided they had enough. One of them begged Conde to let go of his accomplice.

"Leave him alone!" the thug cried out. "He's my friend!"

No comments: