Friday, April 3, 2009

Man proposes, drops ring on the Brooklyn Bridge.

From the NY Daily News:

Will you marry me - even if I'm a nut?

A klutzy groom-to-be dropped his diamond engagement ring while proposing to his girlfriend on the Brooklyn Bridge, then braved moving traffic to retrieve the bauble from the road below.

"I don't know what was going through my head," said Don Walling, 29, of Coram, L.I., a teacher at Intermediate School 88 in Brooklyn. "Everything was exactly how I wanted, except for the whole ring thing."

Motorists screeched to avoid him, and passersby who misread the situation implored him not to jump into the East River as he climbed down from the pedestrian walkway.

Cops stopped traffic, and Walling got back the platinum 1.6-carat diamond ring, which was run over and slightly damaged by a cab.

No comments: