Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Winery offers $60,000 job to eat, drink, twitter.

From FOX News:
Murphy-Goode Winery in California is willing to pay $10,000 a month for six months to a wine fanatic to tweet, blog and keep a photo and video Web log for their company, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

A meet-and-greet event kicking off the two month hiring process drew hundreds of people to San Francisco, including wine enthusiasts from the opposite side of the country.

"This would be a dream-come-true job for me," said Hardy Wallace, who flew in for the event from Atlanta. "I have unbelievable enthusiasm, and I love to share what I'm passionate about."

The 35-year-old, who was laid off in January from Kodak, was the first in line.

In addition, the new hire will also learn and talk about wine, eat food prepared at the winery and live rent free, the Chronicle reported. Oh, and the applicant must also be willing to play the occasional game of poker.

"I'm busy trying to turn grapes into wine, so what I don't know, really, is Web 2.0," Murphy-Goode winemaker Dave Ready Jr., told the Chronicle.

No comments: