Monday, June 22, 2009

Angry son puts dad's ashes up on eBay.

This item is from last week, so the auction might be over. Sorry collectors!
A Warwickshire man is auctioning his dad's ashes on eBay - in revenge for abandoning him as a child.

William Ireland, 50, of Atherstone, claims he was six when dad Ken left his mum to start a new life, reports The Sun.

He later tracked him down and admitted: "I spent a lot of childhood pining for dad.

"When I found him we started seeing each other then he died in 2006. I found out his estate was going to the woman he left my mother for and their son.

"I thought he might have made it up to me. Obviously he never cared."

Mr Ireland got the ashes after paying for the funeral. His father's second wife and family are thought to want them back.

The eBay ad reads: "Here are the ashes of my father, Kenneth Ireland, an adulterer who left a wife, two children and just £17 in her pocket. He never paid a penny towards his kids' upbringing."

No comments: