A reveller dressed as Larry the Lamb suffered these horrific burns after a prankster set fire to his outfit - and he turned into a human fireball.
Peter Buck, 35, spent four hours painstakingly gluing four bags of cotton wool to his torso to look like the famous cartoon character.
He went on a boozy night out with a group of mates - also in fancy dress - before ducking out of a pub for a cigarette.
With Peter's permission, a tipsy friend set fire to a loose strand of his costume 'to see what would happen'.
But the joke went horribly wrong and Peter's lamb costume burst into flames.
He ran screaming in agony into a busy main road before a driver swerved, narrowly avoiding mowing him down.
Then his friend Paul Bisson - an off-duty firefighter dressed as Jesus - bear-hugged him in a bid to douse the flames.
The cotton wool had melted and stuck to his body, causing a string of horrendous injuries to his body, legs, hands and torso.
Peter, an office administrator of Saint Peter Port, Guernsey, lost consciousness after the incident and woke up in hospital - eight hours later.
He said: 'It caught fire and burnt so fast, igniting my whole outfit almost instantly.
'I ran into the road trying to pat the flames out with my hands forcing a car to swerve, avoiding knocking me over by inches.
'Half the skin on my hands had burnt off as well as having numerous other burns on my legs, stomach, chest and arms.
'I burnt my face a little and had small burns to my lips and nose. I'm not a religious man, but the Lord saved me that day.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Jesus saves lamb.
From Daily Mail: