Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sick girl's wish to destroy gnomes with a guitar while dressed like Angus Young fulfilled.

This might very well be the coolest girl ever. And I post this in honor of Jeff N., someone who mentioned today that he reads this blog. From Metro.co.uk:
A teenage girl had a smashing time when a bizarre wish she made from her sickbed allowed her to destroy garden gnomes with a guitar while dressed as a rocker from the band AC/DC.

Paige Jones, who made the request to a charity while recovering from a jaw operation, whacked her way through dozens of the garden ornaments with a bass guitar.

The 14-year-old, who dressed up as guitarist Angus Young in a school uniform and shorts, admitted she may have been under the influence of anaesthetic when she made the request to Russells Hall Wishing Well charity.

'I had a really good time; I don't really remember making the wish but it was great to do,' said the youngster from Stourbridge, in the West Midlands, who had a piece of her jaw bone removed to allow a tooth room to grow.

'I wasn't too scared of people trying to stop me, although my mum has a few gnomes which I wasn't allowed to touch of course.' Her mother, 43-year-old Jane, said: 'Paige likes her rock and pop and that is where she got the inspiration from for the wish. This is a strange request I know but Paige can be a strange girl.'

No comments: