Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weight Watchers meal includes free crunchy frog.

This dieting shopper posts on Consumerist:
I have been eating a Weight Watcher’s Smart One for lunch just about every day of 2010. After microwaving yesterday’s Fettuccini Alfredo, I peeled back the plastic cover to find a small frog nestled among the broccoli. Ugh!

Weight Watchers graciously offered me coupons good toward the purchase of future products which I declined as I never intend to eat a SmartOne product again. They then reluctantly agreed to refund the price of the meal that included the frog. After first being told that they would not offer any refund for the as-yet-uneaten SmartOnes in my freezer because they were certain in was a one-time occurrence, I was told that WW might consider refunding those purchases but only if I could provide the UPC codes and receipts.

In addition to wondering just how a practically intact frog winds up in a frozen meal, I am left to ponder just how many points there are in frog. Oh well, the diet worked yesterday since all I could manage to eat was a 100 calorie yogurt.

No comments: