Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Zombie Watch: Dead man remains standing for three days.


From Breitbart:

A funeral home used a special embalming treatment to keep the corpse of 24-year-old Angel Pantoja Medina standing upright for his three-day wake.

Dressed in a Yankees baseball cap and sunglasses, Pantoja was mourned by relatives while propped upright in his mother's living room.

His brother Carlos told the El Nuevo Dia newspaper the victim had long said he wanted to be upright for his own wake: "He wanted to be happy, standing."

And yet I wonder why exactly he wanted to remain standing. Perhaps to better chase down humankind??

3 comments:

ReadJunk said...

Creepy! That reminds me of that John Waters, My Name is Earl episode haha.

Steve from Moon said...

Really creepy. This will probably start a new wake trend...

Adam Coozer said...

It's not a bad idea, really. I think now I'd like to be propped up, maybe dressed as a pirate. People could take pictures with me as they pay their respects...