Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jurassic Double Park.


Although the Geico cavemen couldn't carry their own tv show, the ads are still wildly popular. Adweek reports that two new cavemen ads will be coming out:
Another spot features former tennis star Billie Jean King at a tournament in which her foe is a caveman. The caveman says: "I can't believe I'm beating Billie Jean King." King replied: "You're not beating me. In fact, you haven't even got a serve in." Both look at the scoreboard, which shows he has yet to score a point. The caveman looks around the arena and realizes Geico is sponsoring the entire event. "I get it," he says with a smile to contain his anger, as he gets up to leave the court. "I quit, but I get it."

"With this new round of cavemen work, we were really trying to stick to the same formula that worked so well in the past: Geico, intentionally or not, dinging cavemen," said Todd Brusnighan, senior copywriter at Martin, Richmond, Va. "We wanted to remind viewers that our cavemen are still out there and their struggles are still very much happening everyday."
I am Adam Coozer and I approve of these messages.

No comments: